Thursday, March 28, 2013

Comments that CHANGED my life! (part 2)


I require all my staff to make at least one mistake per week!” 
Pastor Ken Hart


Those who know me are probably aware that my first official ministry gig was at The Highlands once Ken Hart hired me. What you might not know is that I initially tried to talk him out of it. It’s not that I didn’t want to be on his team. I just knew that I didn’t yet possess the abilities to run a thriving youth program. 

My relationship with Jesus and faith gave me confidence that God would help me but still I knew I'd occasionally make mistakes. Ken let me know that he’d give me the grace and opportunity as long as I was willing to do my best.   

The take away is: Excellence must certainly be the aim of our efforts but perfectionism can never become our hang-up.


Part 3 of this series will be posted in a few days - Subscribe below

No comments:

Post a Comment