Monday, April 15, 2013

Comments that CHANGED my life! (part 3)



I'm going running Wednesday morning - want to come?” 
Pastor Dave Metsker


Dave never bought me a book. He never took me to a conference. As my pastor he never lectured me on how to mentor or train people. Yet, he helped me realize how simple and do-able making disciples can be.  

He did it by spending some time with me. I realized that many of the really important things about faith and life are caught rather than taught. Wayne Cordeiro often says. “You can teach what you know but you’ll reproduce who you are.” 

That was Jesus' way too! Do you remember what was said of his disciples in the book of Acts?

"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus." Acts 4:13 

The take away is: If I’m going to fail at building people-up it won’t be due to a lack of time or resources. It’ll be because I wasn’t intentional about sharing my life with others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment